Saturday, January 24, 2009
You know how people go out of their way to avoid the sun and stay fair in Asia? Well, it's quite the opposite in the West. When I was in England a few months back, I made it a point to visit Cambridge. It was really charming. A lot of cobblestone paths and I guess ultrasmart people walking around since it's home to Cambridge University ;)
Anyway, there was this lovely park with old trees and the sun was out. It was a beautiful sunny day in England which is often so miserable and cold so no one wanted to waste the sunlight because it's so precious! There were groups of friends chatting on a blanket, some studying, some having a picnic, some listening to their friend 'live' on a guitar (such a strange sight for me. You just don't see this sort of thing out here.
There were lovers sitting under trees or just lazing around together under the warm blue sky. I found a patch of grass myself and lay down to enjoy this romantic scene in the outdoors. I must've been the only one in the park lying in the sun with a long sleeved turtleneck (No la. It's not that I want to be 'fair and lovely') What's warm for them is still pretty cold for me haha but what a gorgeous day out.
I didn't want to go anywhere. I didn't feel like shopping or sightseeing. I felt so lazy and it was really nice not needing to be anywhere at all (was on a much needed holiday) I could have just laid there all day :)
Posted by Jojo Struys at 2:41 AM
- Jojo Struys
- I find blogging quite therapeutic. It gives me a chance to express my thoughts. I'm currently a TV host living in KL and the mother of 3 confused looking pugs! ;) If u have the time, my modelling shots, tap dancing clips, full biography and TV trailers are all on www.jojostruys.com :-)
My previous blogs :)
- Without his hat
- Painting my room
- Its amazing nowadays how we find people and they f...
- 'Fine' City
- Visiting Ruby
- Leisurely breakfast
- London calling
- Home on stilts
- Old style
- Glad to be out of the city!
- The grass is always greener on the other side
- Well, after having Harley and Pickle for just ove...
- Harley and Pickle
- My very first blog!
- ▼ January (18)