When I was modelling in Bangkok, I kept being told that I resembled this other model called Elizabeth. One day, I was at a spa and the girl giving me a massage asked how I learnt to speak Thai (not that I speak much). I told her I was modelling in Bangkok. Her eyes lit up and she said "I've seen you in a magazine!" then rushes off to the back room and a few moments later shows me all these shots of someone who looked like me but wasn't. I smiled saying "this is not me". She looked confused because she was quite sure it was "not you? Uhm...is this your sister?" I started wondering "Who is this girl Elizabeth?"
I was at a party that very weekend and someone wanted to introduce me to a friend of theirs called Elizabeth. Ah, so we finally met! Before I could say to her "oh so YOU'RE Elizabeth!" She was saying "oh, YOU'RE Jojo!" because like me, people kept telling her the same thing (you look like this girl haha). That was years ago.
We ended up becoming really good friends and were even flat mates when we were modelling in Hong Kong.
Sometimes, we didn't even bother correcting taxi drivers or people who met us in passing when they said "sisters?" We just nodded and carried on our way :)
- Jojo Struys
- I find blogging quite therapeutic. It gives me a chance to express my thoughts. I'm currently a TV host living in KL and the mother of 3 confused looking pugs! ;) If u have the time, my modelling shots, tap dancing clips, full biography and TV trailers are all on www.jojostruys.com :-)
My previous blogs :)
- Without his hat
- Painting my room
- Its amazing nowadays how we find people and they f...
- 'Fine' City
- Visiting Ruby
- Leisurely breakfast
- London calling
- Home on stilts
- Old style
- Glad to be out of the city!
- The grass is always greener on the other side
- Well, after having Harley and Pickle for just ove...
- Harley and Pickle
- My very first blog!
- ▼ January (18)