Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sister?

When I was modelling in Bangkok, I kept being told that I resembled this other model called Elizabeth. One day, I was at a spa and the girl giving me a massage asked how I learnt to speak Thai (not that I speak much). I told her I was modelling in Bangkok. Her eyes lit up and she said "I've seen you in a magazine!" then rushes off to the back room and a few moments later shows me all these shots of someone who looked like me but wasn't. I smiled saying "this is not me". She looked confused because she was quite sure it was "not you? Uhm...is this your sister?" I started wondering "Who is this girl Elizabeth?"

I was at a party that very weekend and someone wanted to introduce me to a friend of theirs called Elizabeth. Ah, so we finally met! Before I could say to her "oh so YOU'RE Elizabeth!" She was saying "oh, YOU'RE Jojo!" because like me, people kept telling her the same thing (you look like this girl haha). That was years ago.

We ended up becoming really good friends and were even flat mates when we were modelling in Hong Kong.

Sometimes, we didn't even bother correcting taxi drivers or people who met us in passing when they said "sisters?" We just nodded and carried on our way :)

4 comments:

ira said...

hai jojo!!

Enki said...

is she a lil bit taller?haha..nvmnd..u r cuter!i wish people would mistaken me as a rockstar!hhe..

Jojo Struys said...

hey lil Ira. How r ya? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and my friend was standing on a step, Enki. Nah, I'm kidding. She's def taller than me! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey I know her. If you talk to her tell her I said hi. :)

Jojo's Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I find blogging quite therapeutic. It gives me a chance to express my thoughts. I'm currently a TV host living in KL and the mother of 3 confused looking pugs! ;) If u have the time, my modelling shots, tap dancing clips, full biography and TV trailers are all on www.jojostruys.com :-)

    Follow Jojo Struys' Thoughts