Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fair is beautiful?

Asia has quite a fixation on fair skin. This was taken when I was modelling in Taiwan. My agency at the time told me to "stay as fair as possible" like my modelling girlfriend next to me who worked really well in Asia in general. Everyone was asked to stay as fair as possible but people who are this fair don't really tan even when they try. They just go red and then back to "fairness"

Moment I had arrived in Taiwan, I ended up doing a fashion shoot in the blistering sun (really didn't help) and I DO tan. I go brown. Those who like tans feel it makes me look more alive. I didn't make the rules in Taiwan though so I was plastered with white foundation from that point to be more acceptable for ads (rolling my eyes but what to do?)

Black, yellow, brown or white is all beautiful because it's how we come. Its what makes the world diverse. Beautiful is beautiful when you look radiant and feel attractive inside and out. Your skin colour has nothing to do with it ;

3 comments:

mark said...

Beautiful is you!

Anonymous said...

I love being tan, because it makes me look healthier...to each his own. For me, a tan is the way to go. :-) Christopher

Jojo Struys said...

It is funny how the west likes the tan and the east likes being fair :) beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say :)

*wink*

Jojo

Jojo's Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I find blogging quite therapeutic. It gives me a chance to express my thoughts. I'm currently a TV host living in KL and the mother of 3 confused looking pugs! ;) If u have the time, my modelling shots, tap dancing clips, full biography and TV trailers are all on www.jojostruys.com :-)

    Follow Jojo Struys' Thoughts