Friday, February 13, 2009

Middle of Nowhere

It was burning hot and so gorgeous in Yao beach out in Koh Phangan. Really private and quite far away from the mainland. The roads are really windy as they snake up to this quiet resort. I find Koh Phangan really charming since it's not as busy as Koh Samui or Phuket. Some parts of this island are lush forest and its beautiful watching the sun set over the hills.

Parts of The Beach with Leonardo di Caprio was shot on this island. Funny thing is, I met a local in a shop who proudly showed me his lighter. He's kept it in perfect working condition all these years and it was given to him by Leonardo himself. No kidding! He said to me "You know Leo? He come here for filming The Beet" and I started laughing. The accent is so cute. Everyone here says beach the same way. They can't seem to pronounce the "ch" so they say "beet".

No comments:

Jojo's Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I find blogging quite therapeutic. It gives me a chance to express my thoughts. I'm currently a TV host living in KL and the mother of 3 confused looking pugs! ;) If u have the time, my modelling shots, tap dancing clips, full biography and TV trailers are all on www.jojostruys.com :-)

    Follow Jojo Struys' Thoughts